Fall Style Formula

SharePinEmail

Lorissa Nelson

Posted By:

September 24, 2021

Posted On:

Posted In:

My Fall Style Formula That ALWAYS Works

I HATE thinking about what to wear! I try to make getting dressed as easy as possible. Fall is my favorite season for fashion because I get to go all out with outfits that aren’t dresses (dresses are all I wear in the summertime). I realized that there’s a color palette that I usually stick to every year – and that’s……neutrals. *gags because I’m totally a color girl* lol

Here is my fall style formula that always works and looks chic & classy no matter what color palette:

Start with the basics. My basics include a good turtleneck or long sleeve shirt, a comfortable pair of leggings or jeans, and a cheap camisole to conceal the fact that I don’t have on a bra (because let’s be honest…9 times out of 10 I ain’t wearing a bra). Dassit. Turtlenecks are literally THE staple in my closet for the fall/winter seasons. They look great under anything and even just on their own. Fashion Nova is my favorite website to order my turtlenecks from. They’re comfortable and inexpensive. I can’t stand anything tight on my legs which is why you’ll see me in a dress 90% of the time when the weather warms up (I’m in a flowy-legged jumpsuit the other 10%). Because of that, I have to have super comfortable leggings and/or jeans. I found some amazing leggings on Amazon that I’ve had for a few years and the quality is superb! My favorite jeans come from TJ Maxx, Ross, and Burlington (my go-to stores).

Layer with jackets, cardigans, ponchos, and coats! This is my favorite part of styling fall outfits because honey let me tell you…I know how to find a good poncho and coat! These pieces make styling a look so fun and can make any look go to the next level! You can find some gold at TJ Maxx and Shein if you’re looking for ponchos. I’ve even found some dope ones at K&G Fashion Superstore. Shein is also a good place to shop for coats and jackets if you’re trying to stay within your budget. Coordinate your heavy layer piece with your turtleneck and bottoms and girrllll! You are good to go.

Add some chic & classy accessories! Ok, maybe I lied. Picking out accessories is my favorite part of styling my fall outfits because the possibilities are truly endless! My go-to accessories will always be a fedora hat, some boots or booties, statement piece earrings, and a cute bag. I’m not gonna lie, though – I’m not the best at accessorizing, so I tend to keep it simple. I have my staple fedoras which are black, tan, cognac, and burgundy, the same colored boots, and 3 bags that I have in rotation – a black one, a cognac colored one, and a cream crossbody. I wish I was a fashion girl with a billion pair of shoes and bags in my closet, but I don’t. I’m working on building up my wardrobe though, so please feel free to share some of your favorite places to shop for accessories!

Matter of fact, let me know what YOUR fall style formula is. One of my favorite things to do is buy things that other women recommend to me. That’s why I love being an influencer so much because I get to do the same!

Xo- Riss

Photo credit: @seamlessimagry

Shop my outfit:

Shop the post:

  1. Jasmine says:

    SHEIN & TJ Maxx can take alllllll my money! They know exactly what they are doing over there. Thank you for these styling tips! You slay in any season!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You'll also love...

STAY IN THE KNOW!

You're in!

Back to Top

© The Heir Collective | 2021